Monday, May 31, 2010
Yesterday, when cleaning out my closet, I discovered a gift from a friend... (actually, it was hubby's friend) A pot of solid lip gloss... it has been sitting in my closet for years now, totally neglected. On an impulse, i tried it out... and by jove! it was lip balm, lip colour and gloss... all rolled into one... Why the hell did I not try it before? That planted a thought in me... am I less adventurous now? I am one to try out new things (all the time) be it food, places to visit, things to do.... but off late, I haven't been so... :( Is this what growing up is all about?
Sunday, May 23, 2010
Sunday, May 09, 2010
There are new mothers: who struggle with sleepless nights, wet beds, dirty diapers….
There are seasoned mothers: who know the child is lying abt not having finished the homework before heading out to play...
And then there are veteran mothers: who just hear a word said over the phone, a thousand kilometers away and know something is wrong…
Mum, you've been all of this and more... much much more.... I am not going to thank you and trivialise all that you have done.... just wishing you a happy mother’s day.... lots of love...
Saturday, May 08, 2010
- Ice Candies - Love'em in orange!
- Watermelon - Anytime, anywhere... having grown up in Mumbai that has practically no winter, watermelons were a perennial thing to beat the heat
- Loose Kurtas - The softer the cotton, the flowy the kurta, the better...
- Skirts, Long cotton skirts - If they were not made for summer, what were they made for?
- Reading - Summertime always meant lots and lots of reading!
- Vacation - Who doesn't dream of getting away in the crazy hot months?
- Mangoes - Need I say more?
- Sunglasses - Glam up!
- Chaas - Mealtime staples these were. My classmates still remember the iced chaas mum would pack for my lunch early in the morning. By lunchtime, the ice would melt and I had cool chaas all to myself! ;)
- Power Cuts - Part of the package :s
- Siesta - Afternoon power naps anyone?
- Large handbags - Need to cart around extra water, umbrella, face wipes etc. etc. etc.
- Evening Showers - Can you resist the call of the cool water in the evening?
- Phalse - This has to be a staple of every summer spent at Delhi.... my early childhood memories are buying phalse from the pheriwalla in the afternoon and eating them on the staircase at naani's house while chatting up with cousins...