Friday, April 29, 2011
I live on the periphery... alternating between a dream world and a real world... i can move from one to another at will and i don't think i let the world in my head affect the world outside. And no, I am not mad.... I am a stable sensible person... we all have our quirks and this one is mine... I think I am a lot better than many out there... whats wrong in living in a dream world?
Wednesday, April 27, 2011
Navjot or Navy as I call him was the one who sparked off the whole Meet The Bloggers idea in my head. When I mailed him about this series he was very enthusiastic and one of the first few to complete the questionnaire. I started reading his blog very late (much later than others though!) and got to know him better thru FB and messenger! I have him pegged as a romantic at heart! A fellow fiction lover who realises the true power of a well written story...
- Your Online Name – Navjot Kashyap
- Your Blog Link - http://navjotkashyap.blogspot.com
- Which country do you live in - India
- What do you do for a living? Coolie on the railway platform. I mean on Java platform.
- When did you start blogging? Thursday June 2, 2005
- What/ who introduced you to blogging? Read few other blogs which prompted me to dive-n.
- What was your first post about? You can read it on my blog.
- Did you refer your blog to answer the previous question? (Be honest here guys, this is not an exam!) Yes, of course.
- Why did you blog (or did, if you are no longer active)? It’s a very complex question to answer. Let me give it a try. Initially it was just for fun – to explore and experiment new things. But gradually the bondings become stronger. Knowing people who had common interests and passions for reading, writing, movies, music etc. made me visit their blogs regularly and also egged me on to write new posts and get their views and comments. Gradually it became a compulsion, an addiction. It was also a journey to explore myself.
- Do you have any blog related memory that you cherish? Lots of them. To name a few - Reading stories by DJ and Anks. 55ers by Anks, Suitor sagas of Pryangini, Antakshri, rhyme-shyme and other things done on orkut etc.etc etc.
- Who are the other bloggers you read? Anubha, Anks, DJ, Kaushi, Nupur, Silky Moon, Mehak, Ricky, Priyangini
- Which is your favorite piece of work? (A blog post written by you) A Story to do - which I never completed
- A post by another blogger that you like a lot - Suitor Sagas by Priyangini (Note by anks: I have just not been able to locate Priyangini! If any of you are in touch with her, tell her I said hi! Those of you who do not know Priyangini, she quit blogging when she got married. Its too bad she did, coz she was FUNNY!! Her pieces were great and suitor sagas were her experiences with the arranged marriage meetings :) we all know how she met her prince charming! )
- Do people you know in real life (friends, family etc) know about your blog? Yes, few know it
- Do they read your blog? Hopefully not. Its dead anyway
- What do you think of the recent blogging phenomenon of category blogging like ppl who blog about technology or fashion or travel or food only?I personally do not like them primarily because according to me blogging is a journey of the self and you can’t really say that okay I’ll write about this only – it becomes too much constrained.
- For those who no longer blog, why did you leave? Excess of everything is bad. Its true for everything. But the main reason probably was that one by one the fellow bloggers stopped blogging and the group disintegrated. So, without them all the charm was lost.
- Anything else you would like to share? To me blogging was such a wonderful experience that words fell short to describe it. It was a journey of the self – knowing myself better and connecting and knowing such nice and wonderful people out there. At a personal level it helped me to express my thoughts better, improved my verbal and written communication skills and enriched my life in countless ways. I am extremely happy to have taken this journey. A special thanks to all my blogger friends out there.