Friday, May 20, 2011
I have met very few people as brave as Akshaya. He does complete justice to his on screen moniker; for he truly is a braveheart. Here is a guy who loves art and worships cricket. Or is it the other way round? He has an engineering degree from IIT-K and was well settled into a job when he gave it all up and decided to pursue his love for art. He travels and clicks amazing photographs, writes brilliantly and dissects movies and books at levels I cannot even begin to imagine. Think old world intellectual, who does not give a damn about the rat race. Akshaya truly believes in living life and enjoying all its pleasures. I think I became acquainted with him when he commented on one of my movie reviews. I was writing Progati those days and he gave me excellent feedback for it. I knew there is something lacking in my writing and he pointed it out for me. No, I am not about to admit my weakness here. This post is about Akshaya, not me. So hear it on, from the horse's mouth…
1. Your Online Name: Braveheart
2. Your Blog Link: Braveheart-blog.blogspot.com -> leftrightleftwrite.wordpress.com
3. Your Real Name (in case the two are different): Akshaya
4. Which country do you live in: India
5. What do you do for a living: Live off what programming I inflicted upon myself a few years ago
1. When did you start blogging? July 2004
2. What/Who introduced you to blogging? Abhaya (abhaga.blogspot.com)
3. What was your first post about? A violent incident at IITK, my alma mater, which I wanted to take a position around.
4. Did you refer your blog to answer the previous question? (Be honest here guys, this is not an exam!) No. I remembered that for otherwise I wouldn’t have made the blog itself. I needed a blogger id to participate in an ongoing debate on someone’s blog. The comment became the blog and then it acquired its own momentum, appetite etc.
5. Why do you blog (or did, if you are no longer active)? I had time, opinions, an aspiration/ability for creative output and a way to socialize without intervening, composing an opinion rather than just dishing it out. And of course, engaging with what was a fast-growing sphere of knowledge, exchange and transactions.
6. Who are the other bloggers you read? Abhaya, Ragini, Ramya, Ankita, Abhishek, Sen and many more.
7. Which is your favorite piece of work? (A blog post written by you) Cannot quite remember them all as Iost the entire blog but it would be a letter I wrote as if I were the father to a daughter. It was quite an emotionally rewarding experience.
8. Do people you know in real life (friends, family etc) know about your blog? Several of them do, many who became friends later, after I lost the blog, don’t.
9. Do they read your blog? It doesn’t exist anymore but they sure used to. My blog persona, it could be said, had its own identity.
10. What do you think of the recent blogging phenomenon of category blogging like ppl who blog about technology or fashion or travel or food only? I don’t think much of it as a blogger if it happens to be the only blog one writes. As a reader, I might like reading some of these blogs, if I happen to feel our tastes match to some degree, for utilitarian purposes. I quite like it when one main blog addresses it all, plays with the unpredictability of what the next post would be about and shows a good range of interests of the blogger.
11. For those who no longer blog, why did you leave? My blog was deleted. Later I did set up a new blog but life changed, energies find other outlets and writing quality demanded a more important platform, more meaningful readership, and a deeper engagement with issues.
12. Anything else you would like to share? My blog told its own story. It documented without my willing it, my journey with pen in English language. It marked my formative years as a writer, enthused me to become better, and have a wider reach. It helped my eagerness for transformation as not only a writer, but as a thinking person who connected to the things happening around. Later, when I would look at my old posts, I often found them quite silly indeed. But it always told me how far I had come. It was an inspirational journey during which my earlier reflection was arrested in the archives. It meant a lot to me.
Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Do you sometimes feel that you are living in a limbo... waiting for something to happen but don't know what? You feel that something big is just around the corner and yet, your road never turns... it goes on and on, painfully straight, every single day...
Thursday, May 05, 2011
Anjan or Preeti as we all know her is the epitome of sweetness. She started a blog with her husband Sachin and both of them would write their thoughts down. Preeti is very very creative. She sketches very well! The most memorable posts were their love story which they presented on the blog as a piece of fiction and revealed in the end J Preeti is now a mother of the cute Navya. A toddler, who takes after her mum in creativity. She loves to paint! Anjan has the mother goose instinct and I remember all the advice she gave me when I was to travel with Kuhu for the first time. I was worried sick and she gave me a lot of helpful information. I do hope she starts to blog again for her blogs offered a slice of life with art, culinary delights and snippets of everyday musings….
- Your Online NameSame as real, Anjan Bhandari, people know me by my nick name also, that is Preeti…
- Your Blog Linkhttp://preetisachins.blogspot.com
In the profile information, my other blogs can also be accessed..
- Your Real Name (in case the two are different)No it's same, Anjanpreet Bhandari / Preeti
- Which country do you live inIndia
- What do you do for a livingInto Writing but technical :D Senior Technical Writer
- When did you start blogging?I think in 2005, I'll have to check my blog for this J
- What/Who introduced you to blogging?I think I was doing some Google search and landed in someone's blog, and from there I tried exploring and went on…
- What was your first post about?Welcome Post, I welcomed myself and others to the blog
- Did you refer your blog to answer the previous question? (Be honest here guys, this is not an exam!)No I did not, Referred now to crosscheck, Yes it was welcome blog only, on our Protoplasm, Confirmed, yes I started blogging in Oct 2005
- Why do you blog (or did, if you are no longer active)?I started out of curiosity, kept doing for my passion of writing something or other, now no more active or should say blog scarcely, time lack, had kid and most of the time spent with her.
- Do you have a blog related memory you cherish? (Please mention an incident)Memory as such , I made many good friends You, Ricky, Ekta, Ashish Sharma, Preeti Prasad, Neeti, Pinki, and few more… loved talking to them. As such no incident I remember to quote… the post were mine or Sachin's (as he is co-owner too and my life partner as well ;) )random thoughts. So no such particular memory..
By digging back to memory lane , I remember writing about my own city Chandigarh, when I was in hyderabad and I was very nostalgic at that time that I was almost in tears, here's the link
Anks, Pinks, Aindrila, Reema, Use to read more but most of them like me have gone to hibernation phase…
- Which is your favorite piece of work? (A blog post written by you)Our Story J
- A blog post by another blogger that you like a lotYeah a post by Ricky …"And the Award Goes too" , it always remained there in my mind, loved reading it and again got to know many good blogpost by different people..
- Do people you know in real life (friends, family etc) know about your blog?Yes, almost all the people I know , know about my blogs or rather our blogs..
- Do they read your blog?They used too, now we stopped writing..
- What do you think of the recent blogging phenomenon of category blogging like ppl who blog about technology or fashion or travel or food only?I think that is good for people who are looking for some specific information and infact I liked it a lot, sometime in future, when I again take back to blogging, I might also categorize it.
- For those who no longer blog, why did you leave?As mentioned earlier, it took break after my little angel came, then it is difficult to maintain blog apart from routine life, kid, job and her little little demands..
- Anything else you would like to share? (Pour your heart out here. Anything at all!!!)Yeah liked going back to the memory lanes, loved typing all the answers, as if I again took back to blogging.. will love to read the post by you and other ppl oops bloggers J answers..
I sign off J
Monday, May 02, 2011
I think I landed on Nupur's blog thru Ricky. You remember him from the first Meet The Blogger Series post. Don't you? At that time, Nupur was a student. What I remember most were the posts around her marriage. I specially remember the post when she visited her hubby's grandparents and was served dal with equal proportions of lentils and butter! And then FB happened again and we put faces to names. For those of you who have seen her pics will agree that she is equal measure chic and innocence. She has the best smile ever....! As cute as a little child. Hope you always remain that cute Nupur... :) Oh and the beauty bloggers will understand this one - Nupur loves MAC ;)
- Your Online Name - Nupur
- Your Blog Link – email@example.com
- Your Real Name (in case the two are different) - Same
- Which country do you live in - Australia
- When did you start blogging? 2004
- What/Who introduced you to blogging? A friend from school - Kapil
- What was your first post about? "I have no idea" http://nupur-gupta.blogspot.com/2004_10_01_archive.html
- Did you refer your blog to answer the previous question? (Be honest here guys, this is not an exam!) YES!!
- Why do you blog (or did, if you are no longer active)? Just to log my experiences and share them with friends and family who are overseas.
- Do you have a blog related memory you cherish? (Please mention an incident) – Cant pick one!
- Who are the other bloggers you read? Not as much as I would like any more. Ricky, Colors, Anks, Kaush…
- Which is your favorite piece of work? (A blog post written by you) Oh this one is hard – May be my wedding posts right at the end. I still laugh when I read what I wrote at the time.. in 2006!
- A blog post by another blogger that you like a lot (Please do not mention a blog here. Refer to a specific post. It's ok if you don't have a link) - I used to really like witty short stories written by a blogger called "Deepak"…wonder if he still writes them.
- Do people you know in real life (friends, family etc) know about your blog? - Yes
- Do they read your blog? – I think they used to
- What do you think of the recent blogging phenomenon of category blogging like ppl who blog about technology or fashion or travel or food only? – I like the idea. I myself started a food blog during the time.
- For those who no longer blog, why did you leave? Life caught up with me… career – family life!
- Anything else you would like to share? I do wonder sometimes what it would be like if I started blogging again….. but so much has changed in Blogosphere!! I'm afraid I will be LOST!!