Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Thank you Tanveer for the Wheat Belly Diet

This post is an ode to the gorgeous Tanveer from Addicted to Blush. Hers was one of the first Indian Beauty Blogs I discovered back in 2010. I remember reading all of her posts over a lonely weekend! She is one of the more sensible beauty bloggers who does not partake in the rat race. And that's what makes her blog a joy to read.

ATB BB
source: http://addictedtoblush.blogspot.in

Recently, she posted about her weight loss journey is the ATB BB series. After an extensive research, she embarked upon a lifestyle change that has led her to lose a whooping 15 kilos in just 4 months! You read that right people, 4 months. In the ATB BB series, she talks about her research, the findings, the reasons for adopting a lifestyle and a practical guide to adopting it. When I read up based on ther recommendations, the Wheat Belly Diet made a lot of sense to me. Even if you aren't looking to lose weight, this series is worth a read for the health benefits alone.

But the reason I am doing this post is to thank her. I have been looking to make lifestyle changes and adopt a better diet for ages. I kept slipping in an out of things. Tanveer's story has inspired me so much  and given me a push in the right direction. The week she started her BB series, I had been trying the GM diet. I gave up after 2 days because I just could not continue. I wasn't exactly happy about my lack of control. And then I read about her transformation. over the weeks, as she revealed her story, I realised I could do it as well. I am sure her story has inspired a lot of others too. The best part is the diet changes fit into our busy lifestyle. I for one, cannot spend 2 hours everyday sweating in a gym or eat a small meal every 2 hours or count calories. With a job, a kid and a home to take care of, I often struggle to find time for myself. These may seem like poor excuses to some, but making a huge change requires a lot of effort. And so, I have decided to start small. I have set a goal to stop my wheat intake altogether and exercise for 30 mins everyday. Baby steps. I hope I continue on this. Wish me luck!